Best wishes to Linda Stephen, executive director, as she moves on to the next chapter in her life. During her successful tenure with Nebraska Stroke, here are a few highlights of what was accomplished:
- Three new stroke support groups set up across the state;
- Public outreach and events on stroke awareness to more than 6,000 Nebraskans;
- 75-plus news stories (print, online, broadcast) on the nonprofit and its mission, reaching more than 500,000 people;
- Move to a new office location at UNL’s Barkley Speech and Hearing Center on East Campus;
- Stephanie Wever Courage Award presentation; and
- Governor’s proclamation for May 2018 as Stroke Awareness Month in Nebraska.
Nebraska Stroke is currently seeking applicants for a new executive director. Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 472-3140.